A trendy topic in the solar power industry is if using a solar pool heater is beneficial to customers. While gas heaters and heat pumps look attractive at first glance, they also come with a good amount of operating and maintenance fees, which most customers do not realize but lean more towards because they are more popular. However, many do not know that solar pool heaters are durable, low-maintenance, and cost-effective in the long-term.
At Fun in the Sun, we can’t recommend to our customers enough to consider a solar pool heater for their pool. But, like every investment you should definitely weigh out the pros and cons to see if it’s the right investment for you before making your final decision. Solar pool heating systems have many benefits, and there are various reasons that people invest in them. To find out if solar is the right way to go for your pool, we’ve created this list of pros (not cons!) for you to review.
- Solar Energy is Free: This is the number one thing that draws people to solar pool heaters, the energy being used is all free. Renewable energy from the sun heats your pool, so your energy bill is greatly reduced compared to other heating methods making it a better deal and investment in the long run.
- Solar Pool Heaters Automatically Starts Heating: Other heaters can take hours or days to heat the pool. Solar automatically operates whenever the sun is shining, and your regular pool pump is running. Your pool will be ready when you are whenever the sun is shining!
- Inexpensive to Operate Monthly: As we mentioned, solar energy is free, meaning there are no additional monthly operating costs. Gas pool heaters can often spike your utility bill due to the high cost of fuel.
- Solar Pool Heaters are Environmentally Friendly: Solar heating systems emit no air pollution whatsoever. If you’re looking to go green in your home or business, this is your answer.
- Longer Lifespan: Solar pool systems generally come with 12-year warranties and an expected lifespan of 15-20 years.
- Your Pool Season Lasts Longer: Your pool season can last longer with solar pool heaters. The best part is you never have to turn it off as you’ll have warm water continuously pumped into your pool without worrying about turning off the pump to save money.
- Solar Pool Heaters Can Increase the Value of Your Home: Because of all of these benefits that solar pool heaters offer, it most definitely increases the value of your home.
If you’re interested in a solar pool heater for your swimming pool, contact Fun in the Sun today. We can answer any questions and give you an estimate for this next investment you are interested in! We also welcome your comments and suggestions. For assistance with scheduling and service information, please contact us directly: 407.696.5292, 352.578.1386, or 1.866.381 WARM. You can also click here for a FREE estimate!